Calm. Simmer down, people. I know very well that it’s been quite the while since we forayed into the Movie Mashup milieu. And I know that you know, based on the influx of cards and letters and e-mails and texts and pokes and tweets and twits and skypes and likes and tags and yelps and yips and things. And you know that I know that you know, because here we are, stoking the furnace for another go-round. So you see, I know you know that I know that you know. You know? And furthermore…
Let’s start this again.
If you recall, what we have here, my fellow intergalactic itinerants, is a collection of famous lines from movies. However, quotes from two different movies have been smushed together to make one confused line. Here’s a for instance: “Milt, we’re gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs to infinity and beyond. Mmmkay?” That there, you see, is a conglomeration of quotes from the movies “Office Space” and “Toy Story.” Dig? Dug.
Yep, it’s another installation of Movie Mashup. I should copyright this concept, so here you go. © 2017, by Me. All rights reserved by Me. Me Incorporated is a subsidiary of Me Enterprises, Norwalk, Connecticut. Any reproduction, adaptation, distribution, and/or exhibition in whole or in part are prohibited under penalty of law (and a large guy named Guiseppe) without the written permission of Me. So there.
So. Below (or to the left if you are perpendicular) are 20 Movie Mashups. Your job, if you choose to accept it, is to tell Me (see above) what two movies flirted around and had relations to produce the mixed-up quote. The first 283 people to respond with any semblance of an answer win a genuine “Jesus is Coming, Hide the Bong” bumper sticker. Seriously. If you get pulled over by the cops for displaying said bumper sticker, I will not be held accountable. E-mail Me at email@example.com with your best guesses. Void in Iowa, Algeria, and under that bridge where the dogs wear shoes. Good luck, players. And, go:
- “Love means never having to call me Mister Tibbs!”
- “Mama always said life is like a box of—hey, I’m walking here! I’m walking here!”
- “Yo, Adrian! Wax on, wax off.”
- “I coulda been a contender, my precious.”
- “Go ahead, make my day. That’ll do, pig.”
- “You know how to whistle, don’t you? You just put your lips together and help me, Obi-Wan Kenobe.”
- “Hey, Stella! After all, tomorrow is another day.”
- “Hasta la vista, baby! The Dude abides.”
- “If you build it, he will just keep swimming.”
- “Every time a bell rings, an angel loves the smell of napalm in the morning.”
- “What we got here is failure to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.”
- “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need no stinking badges.”
- “Houston, we have a problem. Is that hair gel?”
- “That boy is your company. And if he wants to eat up that tablecloth, you’ll let him. It’d be a lot cooler if you did.”
- “We have a pool and a pond. The pond would be better for you. And may the odds be ever in your favor.”
- “The first rule of Fight Club is: I’ll have what she’s having.”
- “You talkin’ to me? I see dead people.”
- “Toto, I have a feeling we’re going to need a bigger boat.”
- “Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Here’s lookin’ at you, kid.”
- “Nobody puts Baby in a martini. Shaken, not stirred.”
Roger White is a freelance human living in Austin, Texas, with his lovely wife, two precocious daughters, a completely unmotivated dachshund, and a cat with Epstein-Barr Syndrome. For further adventures, visit oldspouse.wordpress.com.